Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I knew a day would come where Mashonda would finally sit down with Alicia Keys and talk after all the homewrecking was said and done. Mashonda sat down with Vibe Magazine and talked about her sit down with Alicia Keys, who is now Swizz Beatz' fiancee and is carrying his child. Read her statement to Vibe Magazine below:


Vibe: I know it was very important for you to sit down with Alicia if she was going to be around your son. Safe to assume that happened?


Mashonda: When I wrote her that Twitter letter everybody wanted to say things like ‘Oh, what do you need to meet her for? It’s not her problem, it’s Swizz’s.” I’m like, ‘You have a kid, go through what I went through and then talk to me.’ I’m not having my son around anybody I don’t know. I don’t give a [fig] who you are and how much money you have and what management he’s going to be under when he visits you. I need to see you and I need you to see how serious I am about him. And that’s what happened. We had to sit down, and I told her how I felt. I didn’t mention anything else, it was all about my son and it was fine after that. I’m not going sit and talk to [them] about what happened between the three of us. This is about my son.


On whether or not she would attend their wedding if invited:
MashondaNo. Not out of malice, but because weddings are sacred. It’s just not my place. The only reason I went to his birthday party was because he invited me and I did that for myself. I needed to see them together for it to transfer. And I was like ‘Wow, this is real.’ We were still totally married…We had a divorce that was nowhere near final, but I just needed to see them in action for it to be real to me, and it was definitely real. You have all these different types of steps that you have to set up for yourself until you get to that place where you are free. And I will tell you, after I got divorced maybe three weeks later I woke up and felt a weight removed. It was the first time I’d ever felt mentally free. And I sent him an email wishing him all the best in the world.


On Swizz’s admission to having an affair:
MashondaMy husband admitted to having his affair on Mothers Day 2008, six months after I found out. I didn’t sleep for a whole year. I had to take pills to sleep because I’d wake up in the middle of the night crying. I couldn’t even look at my son some days because I didn’t have the strength and I never wanted him to feel my bad energy. It was a battle. They are just now going public, but this has been going on for a very long time. I refused to really break it down for people to understand because there was no way I could go around not making [Swizz and Alicia] look extra crazy and I didn’t want to put that out there for my son. I didn’t want him to see his father as a monster. But the shit is deep.


On attempting to keep the marriage in tact:
MashondaI did everything I could do, but I knew there was no working it out when he admitted his affair to me… he was happy about it. After lying about it for so long and finally admitting it I was like ‘I can’t take it no more!’ In the back of my mind I was like, ‘I have to fight for my family, this is my son’s father. We were supposed to grow old together, we were supposed to raise this baby together, we were supposed to do all these things, I’m fighting for my fucking husband. I don’t care who he’s dating, I don’t care how much money she’s got, I’m fighting for my husband.’ And then I realized… I can’t fight for him… he doesn’t want to be with me. I’m not going to win this one.



On her thoughts about Alicia’s music/being a fan:
MashondaI believed her before.
I don’t make it an effort to listen. I don’t make it an effort not to listen. I still like her songs. She’s head over heels in love and I get it. Every woman deserves to feel that, not at the expense of another woman though. But I understand why some of the decisions were made on her part, because her heart was so in it. I can’t fight that [and] I can’t fight her because she’s a household name. People are always going to love her for her music, as they should. She makes great music, but no one is really ever going to understand what happened in this house. Bottom line, the rule is, if you’re messing with somebody, you don’t know they’re married, and you found out they’re married if you come into any contact with that wife, leave it alone… respect the woman, respect the wife. Like I said before, it was an ego thing for me. I’m being fucking disrespected, nobody respects me, this is my husband, this is my family, this girl thinks she can just do anything she thinks she wants to. And that’s what I dealt with for a while, until I gave up.


On whether or not she speaks to Alicia Keys:
MashondaWe don’t talk. We don’t have any business talking unless it has something to do with my baby.


I definitely didn't expect Mashonda to sit there and talk about how much of a homewrecker Alicia has been during their conversation because in the end, Alicia is still marrying Swizz, Mashonda's son will still be around Alicia, and Alicia will still be having the baby with Swizz. I think Mashonda realized all that and really realized talking about the past wasn't going to do anything. I know that conversation between them two was awkward as shit lmfao, but hey, a mother needs to know who their son will be around especially after a nasty divorce like hers.


Kudos to Mashonda for being grown about it.


As far as the question goes about if she would attend the wedding if she wasn't invited, she's be CRAZY to say yes. She's completely right though: a wedding is sacred and it isn't her place to be there.

0 ♥:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Life of a PYT ♥. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.